Heavy Equipment Management Solution
BHSoft Heavy Equipment Management Solution
The client is a Finnish technology company who offers open solutions for digitalizing earthmoving jobsites and robotizing earthmoving machinery. They aim to develop, manufacture, and supply hardware and software to increase the productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability of the earthmoving industry.
Client Business Need
The client would like to build a web application that allows users to monitor heavy equipment in different construction areas, based on location.
With over 10 years of experience, BHSoft offered an affordable and long-term web app solution so that the customer can watch over all of the heavy equipment. The web application allows users to:
- Detect and track location of the equipment
- Provide a full history of equipment analysis and report on the operation situation.
- Daily monitor equipment efficiency to increase productivity
In general, the web application obtains information from a number of machines. These machines are integrated with heavy construction equipment such as excavator, wheel loader, surface drill or dozer which are operating at various construction areas. The main task of the machines is to upload their log points along with all essential information (operation situation, operation result, machine location) onto the web platform. Each machine uses its own project ID to join the project, syncing with the project data (project planning, work order, etc.)
BHSoft helped the client build this web platform. We used a full range of AWS services: Amazon S3, Amazon Cognito, AWS Lambda and Amazon API gateway to manage the back end part and API of the web application. We also used AWS CodeCommit to store code, AWS CodeBuild to build code and deploy as well as AWS CodePipe to automate development phases for better and faster release of features/ updates.
- DevOps was a new concept at that time so the team needed time to adapt.
- BHSoft employees are trained to adapt with new technologies on daily basis. With an open mind, it was no obstacles for the team to update their skill in order to work with the new approach at that time.
- Angular 7
- Amazon S3, Amazon Cognito, AWS Lambda, Amazon API gateway, Amazon DynamoDB
- Communicating via Skype, Trello, Git.
- Agile, DevOps
- 10MMS, 2 developers