Have you ever heard of Angular Cesium?
Ever heard about Angular-Cesium? It’s an open source library for working with both CesiumJS and Angular. It incredibly supports developers to tackle multiple real-time data sources in super simple but impressive way.
What is Angular Cesium?
Angular is a powerful front-end framework and CesiumJS is a mighty map engine. Therefore, Elitan Frailich had an excellent idea of combining these two magnificent tools together to bring out the best of both worlds. As a result, Angular Cesium was born as a new and exceptional open source framework, focusing on high performance with easy usage. The most prominent benefit of Angular-cesium is its capability to keep maps in perfect sync with all your data sources such as dynamic data sources, single HTTP data source or user action which changes your inner application state.
To put it simple, Angular – Cesium uses both CesiumJS and Angular components to create GIS web applications.
Main features of Angular Cesium
- It helps to accelerate Cesium power by expanding extra features.
- It builds Cesium application utilizing Angular components and Angular template syntax, at the same time assuring that the code is readable and maintainable.
- Application architecture is based on entity layers.
- Development is based on data models and not map entities
- High performance and real-time data rendering
- More features and abilities: Build your system super-fast, including map event handling, camera utilities, and graphics drawing tools.
- Angular – Cesium uses Angular RxJs data streams to allow integration between any data source and displaying it on the map. RxJs is a core library used by Angular to represent data streams.
Some examples of best parts in Angular Cesium’s component based development
- Easily defining a layer
- Easily add/update/remove entities – all you have to do is pass a message through the stream and angular-cesium will keep track of all the rest.
- The code is readable and maintainable. Looking at the html helps developers picture in mind how the layer would look right away.
- Angular – Cesium uses RxJs observables to support data streams.
- All of the entity components are using a flatten Cesium Entities API.
Some benefits from Angular Cesium’s high performance
- Optimized for data with high update rates
- No irrelevant html
- Angular Cesium can handle all kinds of map events including touch events
- Angular Cesium executes events on model entities and primitive entities
- Angular Cesium supports integration of multiple maps.
All in all, Angular Cesium has the ultimate capability to handle multiple data sources as efficiently and logically as possible, yet keeping the code base growing, maintainable and readable. Cesium is already a magnificent solution in terms of 2D + 3D spatial data visualization. However, with Angular – Cesium, all power of Cesium is amplified, burst of speed in terms of data sources integration and offers a variety of tools while still allowing full access to the Cesium API.
Check out one of our amazing projects here: